Friday, April 28, 2006

Glen Stassen

Glen Harold Stassen is a noted Christian theologian and ethicist. He is a contributor to Sojourners Magazine (and others) and currently the Lewis B. Smedes Professor of Christian Ethics at Fuller Theological Seminary in California. He is known for his work on theological ethics, politics, and social justice and is a favorite of many Jeff Streeters.

Stassen is the author of the tremendous book, Just Peacemaking.

For more information about Stassen, check here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Westmoreland-White, Ph.D. said...

Glen is a teacher of many Jeff Streeters from his days teaching at SBTS "before the darkness fell." Glen was the Ph.D. supervisor for Rick Axtell, Michelle Tooley, and myself and also taught Andy Loving, Kate Westmoreland-White, Roger Thomas, and probably many more of us. He has also preached at Jeff Street and his many books have taught even more.

On Christian attitudes toward LGBT matters Glen has not been as progressive as on other issues, but, thanks to pushing on the part of Rick Axtell, myself, and maybe Michelle Tooley, he's even coming around on that one. (I don't feel at all superior, I needed much pushing on that one, myself, and it was embarrassing to find out that my parents had been fully inclusive when I was back in high school and "just thought you knew, son." )

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home